Thread: Crazy Night
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 20, 2003, 02:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Clint:

1. Don't talk to managers about your partner's calls.

2. Don't hang around the field after the game. You say you have to make sure hand shakes are "clean"...That can be done from a distance far enough away that coaches can't casually speak to you. Besides, you're not a cop. If a fight breaks out you are basically a witness, not a referee.

3. You can eject coaches, but the punishment is not yours to decide or to announce. Let the BOD or commissioners or whoever do that. You toss, the others will let him know what the consequences are.

4. I'm not sure I understand what you were doing when the coach yelled "make a decision." Why were you making a decision about your partner's call? Did he (your partner) come to you? If not, you've got no business getting involved unless you saw the ball hit the player and called it right away. If you sat on the call, then eat it unless your partner comes to you. Even then, you have some explaining to do to your parnter for not making the call at the appropriate time.

5. The assistant coach should have been tossed very early on. Head coaches have some rights, assistants have none.
1. Like I said my partner is a young kid and with everyone yelling he really just wanted to hide. So I asked him what he saw and passed it on to the manager to queist things down...normally I know this wouldn't be done.

2. Good point...I'll give that a try.

3. Ok but the manager asked me what good it was doing me to eject him so just going by league rulebook that's what would happen...BOD doesn't get together unless it is the coaches second ejection of the year.

4.No I called the kid out at first and they appealed to me asking if it hit the kids foot therefore fould I said it hit the plate. I certainly wasn't going to change that kind of a call from the field.

5. Thanks again.