View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 31, 2014, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I saw a couple interesting plays in this game.

Some of you can browse to the plays here: ESPN3 -- Louisville vs. Cincinnati

1st half:
17:59 possible PC
12:45 transition call
9:43 throw-in violation and interesting crew mechanics
2:24 10 second situation

2nd half
15:06 PC and resulting tech (they run a replay during a dead ball at 14:06)
12:45 transition contact
12:28 PC
12:00 continuation
10:44 block or foul?
00:54 OOB violation
First Half
#1 - Looks PC, but also can see why a no call. No real extension of the off hand and he stopped right at the point of contact.
#2 - No call to me.
#3 - Have never seen this before and had UC not blocked the shot and gotten a quick layup, it might have been a bad situation. Goes to show how important communication into and out of a timeout, even at that level.
#4 - No 10 second violation. The ball was touched by the Louisville player right before the 10 second in the front court and then deflected OOB in the backcourt.

Second Half
#5 - Similar to #1, but more of an extension of off hand, so no problem with call. The aftermath is interesting. It was never clear who the T was on and what for, so have no real comment on that. The crew talked to the Louisville player that grabbed the ball out of the UC player's hands and also talked to the UC player and seemed to have calmed a volatile situation. Somebody must have said an automatic. I like how the crew handled it and talked down the UC coach in this situation. EDIT: T was on #2 and he obviously said something he should not have said. I see where coaches think players get "baited" but in that situation a conversation with him was necessary and the player must have said something automatic.
#6 - Looks like a hold on the Lousville player first before the push off, hard to tell though. I defer. EDIT: Replay at 12:28 shows it better as they went to monitor for possible elbow, but I missed the replay and was tired of rewinding.
#7 - I am really not sure here at all. No real camera angle as it really doesn't look like much, but C is the only one that had anything and I sure hope it was there since it was a stretch for him to get.
#8 - Count it.
#9 - Looked okay live. End line replay looks like he might have got hit first before the block.
#10 - Looks like his left foot had established inbounds and right foot was in the air, so no call would have been correct.

UC's coach probably should have been given a technical at some point for the number of times the crew had to calm him down. But given the intensity of both coaches and the game in general and only looking at some of the hottest moments of the game, that opinion may be skewed.