Thread: Wwyd
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 30, 2014, 04:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountTheBasket View Post
I know earlier I said I would ignore any fan chant and allow game managment to hear it and handle it on their own but I guess I didn't consider the extreme. That being said, I cannot imagine a scenario where the game managment isn't all over something like this before I even can turn to look at them. Still wouldn't T tho, just get the offender out, entire section if needed.

Just to throw another angle out there, what if a chant was directed towards you as the official? Would you acknowledge (get game managment, or T if you feel that route is appropriate) in that situation. This discussion reminded me of a state playoff game I played in when I was in HS, opponents student section chanted "A rope, a tree, hang the referee!" for a solid 20-30 secs.
I do nothing. I have on rare occasion acknowledged a few clever one's at a time-out. When cell phones became more popular I heard one kid say "Hey Ref, I found your cell phone and it has 3 missed calls!" I looked at him and said, "That's was a good one"

-General George S. Patton, Jr.