View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 20, 2000, 03:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by bsilliman
As Ed Cartotto, IAABO Visualization Committee Head, and longtime Big East offical stated, "everyone in the gym knows what team the foul is on ...
Maybe in the Big East Conference everybody does, but NOT in Jr Hi and Freshman. I can't tell you how many times I bird-dog, tell the number and color at the spot, then repeat the whole spiel with perfect (okay, acceptable!) mechanics, and then get to the in-bounds spot and have the wrong color player there. When the coach catches on he shouts, "What?!?!? What?!?!? That was not an offensive foul.." and so on. Yes coach, I have shouted gold three times now and you didn't hear any of them? Then the player, ME/?!?! That foul was on me?!?!? Merciful Heavens, girl, learn to listen.
I'm not saying I point at the bench when I report or even that we should, because the reason these folks are so surprised at not getting the ball back, is because they weren't paying attention.
I'm just pointing out that it's not true that everyone always knows who the foul is on.