Thread: 49ers/Seahawks
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
It started outside the 5 yard line.

I understand recoveries can't be reviewed, but as a coach I would have asked for some other type of review: incomplete pass b/c receiver never had possession. Then all elements of the play would be reviewable, and it would be clear Bowman had the ball and was down by contact.

Separate play:

Has the NFL put out an explanation yet as to why Seattle didn't get charged with roughing the kicker when Seattle #42 contacted Andy Lee's plant leg?
All reviewable aspects of the play would be reviewable...since the Bowman aspect of the play dealt with a fumble recovery in the field, it wouldn't be reviewable...even with the roundabout challenge.

As to the running into the kickers versus roughing the kicker, I don't think there's any explanation that will come from the NFL except for the fact it should have been roughing. We'll see on Friday as that is when the NFL releases it's officiating video for the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
What's wrong with allowing an official, located in either the press box or in a central location, to recognize when something needs to be reviewed regardless of what the "replay" rule provides for with all of the coach's challenges and such. IOW, treat it just like another pair of eyes in the officiating crew on the field of play.
Wouldn't this just negate the any of the replay rules then?
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.