View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Nevada-one of those Ts was a kid left his regular jersey at home.Coaches grabbed a spare from the uniform room and failed to report the change.At the first dead ball the kid checked in and I had no choice but to report it.During the regular season I keep rosters in a notebook obtained by maxpreps.First thing I do when the varsity coaches arrive is hand them a copy of their roster as submitted and ask them to do the following-
A.Mark the starters
B.Verify/Correct #s or player names list and make any additions (if necessary)

The second one was during a tournament situation where a kid was wearing #45 the first two days but wore #44 the last day.Coach (who was the school's AD,forced to take over coaching duties 2 weeks prior) forgot to inform me as did his scorer.In our tournament (where this occurred) we have a program with all the names and numbers that after the first day we expect coaches to inform us of any corrections.Usually the only thing I ask the coaches is "Same starters as yesterday?" If a school played musical numbers on me I will ask the coach to verify numbers.

My warning is pretty simple for fouls 6/9-"Bonus/Double Bonus on the next (insert official's name here)"

For timeout count I've stopped counting it all the way down and just notified when last 30 or full is used or given count when asked.
The golfing volleyball ref and official scorekeeper