View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 19, 2014, 07:44pm
We don't rent pigs

Okay, here's my final assessment. (subject to adjustment if anything fresh comes up) First, I'm really glad that I went to the game and witnessed this. You can read situations all day, whether actual or hypothetical, and it's still not as effective as seeing it firsthand. This is especially true on your home turf. I have called in this gym before and I have T'd this coach before. Overall, I'm with the consensus on this, if I just see her on the floor as I'm leaving, I'm not interested. As others have said, there is already a report to file because of the ejection, so this is probably worthy of mention in that report. If I get a nasty e-mail back saying the contest should have been forfeited, well I'll know next time. In the case of the doubleheader, if I'm not leaving, that would probably actually work in her favor. That game is over. On to the next one. But, having said that, she best not say one word to us or all bets are off.

As for how it was handled by the guys that night, here's my opinion. While the rule reads, "Failure to comply with the rules of ejection may result in the game being forfeited," I think the only thing everyone involved agrees on is that would have been a lot worse. Good chance she honestly didn't know exactly what the rule is in this case. They said you have to leave. She dismissed them with a wave of the hand. I think that qualifies as unsportsmanlike behavior. Another T. Then she left again. I'm not thrilled but I can live with it.

I'm sure everybody in town went home complaining about the terrible officiating and being robbed of the game, but at the end of the day, the coach has nobody to blame but herself.

Lonesome Dove

Last edited by just another ref; Sun Jan 19, 2014 at 07:55pm.