Thread: Camp Feedback
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 18, 2003, 11:28am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb 10-3-12 does not apply.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Interesting... I think I have seen a defender touch the ball that was in an inbounder's hands only twice in my entire officiating career. Were you officiating a league for the sighted impaired? :-) What was your preventative officiating? - to remind the defense to not break the plane on each throw-in?
Well even though I did do a couple of varsity basketball my first year (Tony claims this does not happen), this happen during a few JH games. The next year it happen in a Freshman game I believe. But it was a rule I could quote word for word. Coaches did not have a clue and always wanted an explaination to why there was no warning. I had a veteran official tell me what I should do to prevent this from happening, and I cannot recall it happening since.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

.......and BTW, when there are 2 seconds left in the game and something strange happens that you can not ignore, you darn well better know the rules inside and out.

Of course you do, but this is a casebook ruling. And the casebook play deals with a delay warning, not the foul situation like stated in 10-3-12. If a defender causes a delay with 5 seconds or less in the game, this is a Technical as stated in the Casebook 9.2.11 SITUATION. So what you describe has nothing to do with 10-3-12.

Peace