View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 15, 2014, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not see a clear travel at all. I see a gather in the air and then the left foot coming down first and the right following. If that is the case that is not a travel. If you are suggesting otherwise, then say why it was a travel. It is close, but not clear. And if it is that close, I do not like to have a travel call on these kinds of plays.

Peace
We can disagree. It looks to me as if the gather is happening with one foot on the floor which would mean that the landing for a "jump stop" needs to be two feet simultaneous and that is not close enough. Not to get into the debate again about travelling but round here we are getting that one.

In terms of the charge for NCAA men can someone clarify how the upward shooting motion is defined?. ie. How on steps (or a power move in this situation) do i know when a player is not just picking up the ball/ when they are lifting the ball to a triple threat position and when they are comign up to shoot. It seems to me that the more generous you are with this not only is it more difficult on the defense but could allow the offense to be rewarded for having poor technique/footwork.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!