View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 13, 2014, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
Is this a situation that the SEC assignor will review with the official(s)? I hate seeing any official make mistakes that could result in harsh reprimand and/or consequences. But, that mismanagement of the game was a pretty big deal. I'm somewhat surprised the Auburn coach hasn't made a big deal about not getting an opportunity for another inbound play that would give his team another chance to tie or win the game.
I don't work the SEC, so I'm only speculating, but -- officials are reviewed after almost every game, and it would not surprise me if they all got a downgrade for this (and maybe lose a game). And, there are procedures for a coach to raise this issue -- and those do NOT include "making a big deal" our of it publically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
I just remembered another play in this game I needed some help on. In the second half a Mizzou player is fouled on the shot, it is the defender's 5th. The defender apparently said something to, or bumped into an official (never showed any replay or got clarification) and got a T. Missouri shoots two shots, then shoots two technicals, then Auburn inbounds. I was very confused. What circumstances would result in Auburn getting the ball back after a T has been called?
Missouri had the ball, Auburn committed a foul, then committed a T and then Auburn inbounded? That doesn't sound correct.