View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 12, 2014, 07:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
BTW, I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I'm a fifth year official, who has much to learn (I've actually been told that you never stop learning). I'm sharing my understanding of a rule, which not only tries to help others but gives me the chance to learn as well when others respond.
You told me something I already knew or could tell. And the reason is you are confusing rules situation with each other. LGP is all about what a defender can do to be in the way of a ball handler. Not associated with the "spot" reference you are speaking on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
If the responses I get are not helping me to understand why I'm wrong, then I'm going to continue pressing. If I didn't do that, then I'd be citing a website when explaining a call, rather than citing the rules and how they are properly applied to a situation.
I cannot speak for why you do not understand something. That might have to do with training, inexperience or reading too much into the rules. Maybe no one has sat you down with video or other training materials, I have no idea. You are only wrong in your reference that the defender that is backing up did not get to a spot. That does not make any since if you ask me. And people have cited you the rule by talking about LGP. If you need the exact location that is a problem too considering that this is in the definitions and I would think someone even with your experience level would know where to easily find that definition.

Since you have no idea, you need to read over Rule 4-23. It even talks about the differences between a player with the ball and a player without the ball and what is allowed when contact occurs.

Peace