View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 12, 2014, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
The technical foul at the end of the half got me thinking about a CE at the end of the second quarter. Say there is a foul against A1 which should be a one and one situation but no one realizes. The in bounds the ball and dribble out the clock.
Coming out of the half time intermission the crew is notified that it should have been a one and one situation. I am pretty sure this is a CE situation, but am not quite sure how to go after that. If I had to guess, even though it is the start of the third quarter, POI would be AP arrow at division line after the FT(s) with the lane clear.

Ok. Ready go!!!!
I had virtually the same situation 3 season ago. Foul near the end of the first half. Table told us it was the sixth team foul (I asked specifically, "How many fouls on white?"). Play continued after the throw-in for the final minute of the half with no baskets or play stoppages. At the end of the half the scorekeepers tell us they goofed. My partner and I huddled and remembered the first dead ball after the foul was the end of the half. We told the coaches (thankfully, they were both very understanding), shot the FTs, then came out with the AP arrow to start the 3rd quarter.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)