View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 02, 2014, 01:57pm
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
{Cringe}

Be careful here. A runner (or fielder, for that matter) can easily interfere (or obstruct) by "doing what she is supposed to".
There are many examples, such as when a runner going straight to her next base collides with a fielder fielding the ball,
The fielder is doing what she is SUPPOSED to do the runner is not. (The Runner is supposed to avoid the contact on this play if they do not the they are not doing what they are SUPPOSED to do they are INTERFERING.)

Quote:
or when a fielder moves into the path of the runner while trying to catch an off-line throw.
The fielder is doing what they are supposed to do unless this act hinders the runner. ( If the throw gets their first nothing is wrong. The fielder must avoid hindering the runner with out the ball or they are guilty of OBSTRUCTION).

Quote:
I would recommend not to use that line when justifying a call with a coach.
IF this play was not called and a coach came out to question interference on the play, my response to a coach would be in my judgment is no interference as the Batter-Runner did what she is SUPPOSED TO BY BOOK RULE.

Come on Manny get real we do not need to answer every Question here like talking to a coach unless asked how should we answer the coach!!!