Thread: NFHS Survey
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 01, 2014, 08:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWH View Post
I am sure glad you provided us with clarification and guidance?
My point was, unlike the 49 NFHS member states, each of which gets an equal opportunity to propose and vote on rules changes, each and every year, Texas and Massachusetts get no say, absolutely no input, and no vote on NCAA rules changes. Yes, TASO makes minor changes to NCAA rules for High school games, but nothing major...
Then explain to me what either of those states' scholastic athletic ass'ns would gain by having any such influence.

If my explanation wasn't good enough, I'll try again. Suppose there were 2 people who wanted to play checkers with each other in Texas, and 2 other people who wanted to play checkers with each other in Mass. By coincidence, each of those pairs of players agrees to play one of the many versions of that game rather than another -- i.e. the checker players in Texas wind up playing by the same rules as the checker players in Mass. The checkers players in Texas are never going to play against the checkers players in Mass. What good would it do for the checkers players in either state to have any influence on the choice of rules by the checkers players in the other state? What good would it do for the checkers players in either state to have any influence on the rules of other checkers players, in state or otherwise, that they're never going to play checkers with?