Thread: NFHS Survey
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 31, 2013, 11:16pm
Small Business Owner

Post Wtf???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
Sorry I worded badly what I'd wanted to say. The team from Okla. was not playing under NCAA rules, so it's not a case of what I meant. A case of what I meant would be a team from one association playing a team from another ass'n, both of which ass'ns use NCAA rules but are independent of each other. So, for instance, if a Texas HS played a NAIA college team, both would be independently under NCAA rules. That would be the only case in which having a say in NCAA's rules would matter to either of their ass'ns.

Since the team from Okla. was not playing by NCAA rules, it would make no difference whether the Texas HS ass'n had a say in development of NCAA rules or not. Also, it matters not to the Texas HS ass'n whether it has a say in NCAA's rules to the extent those HS play games with other schools in the same ass'n, because they're playing under whatever rules their ass'n says; it happens to be NCAA with some modif'ns, but any year they want to, the Texas HS ass'n could change to whatever rules they want to use or make up.
I am sure glad you provided us with clarification and guidance?
My point was, unlike the 49 NFHS member states, each of which gets an equal opportunity to propose and vote on rules changes, each and every year, Texas and Massachusetts get no say, absolutely no input, and no vote on NCAA rules changes. Yes, TASO makes minor changes to NCAA rules for High school games, but nothing major...