Thread: double foul
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:59pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
10 seconds left. Home team up by 8. Home team inbounds the ball and my one partner calls a foul. Then right away my other partner calls a foul. Myself, being the lead, was at 3/4 court, turned and walked to the end of the court to administer the ensuing free throws. I then noticed my 2 partners talking for about 10 seconds. With the crowd getting restless they then motioned me over. One had a foul on the visitors and the other had a foul on the home team .Apparently the girl from the visiting team grabbed the player with the ball (just to get a quick foul) and that player took exception and kind of pushed her off. My two partners didn't know what the rule that applied was. So myself being the "R" in this game said it fell under the "point of interruption" rule (that's a Michigan High School rule). No free throws, ball is awarded to the team who had possession for a throw in nearest the spot of the foul (or ball). Just want to know if this is right or not. Thanks

As stated in previous posts this is a FDF. The fouls are charged and penalized in the order that they were committed with the ball being put into play is if the last foul in the sequence was the only foul committed. As a MichiganHSAA registered official myself, there is no such "Michigan" POI rule for this play.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio