View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 26, 2013, 09:07pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
One of my associates called a little while ago, asking for a rule interpretation. I will entertain answers, then later I will say what I told him.
During halftime of a girls game, the boys who were to play in the next game were out shooting around and apparently there were several dunks. The opposing coach saw it and wanted the T called. My guy wanted to know if it was correct to call it or not.

This actually wasn't my biggest question. I didn't realize until after I hung up that this was taking place NOW. I don't know if the guy who called was the one who was actually being asked to call the T himself, or the coach just came to him and was going to demand it from the officials calling the game. My question is this. If a guy calls you at home at halftime of his own game asking this question, would you answer it? Would you refer him to the book? Say we'll talk later? Or what? If I'm sitting at the game and the ball goes out of bounds and he looks at me with raised eyebrows, I've got nothing. I know this is not the same as that, but sometimes lines are blurred on such questions.
I'm not giving a T for that.