View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 26, 2013, 04:52pm
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I would love a independent study where some of you are paid to walk into HS Gyms around the country and evaluate BV games. I believe you will see a lot of below average officials even working these games. And I would love to be wrong. There are a lot of guys that are really old or really dont get into full gear until half way into the season. And I dont think many of those referees come here to study and get better.

I wouldn't even attempt to argue this point with you, especially on a Friday night when every HS in the greater Chicago area is playing. I am sure that assignment guys everywhere have no choice but to put guys on games that they cant handle and hope for the best. That said, I don't really care about an officials motivation or lack thereof, it still takes a certain amount of guts to put on the uniform and go out there and put up with the abuse. That is more than can be said for the people who can only officiate from the stands. Much like anything else, people are always willing to complain. However, very few are willing to take any action. If the people complaining think the officiating is that bad, then they should get themselves a whistle, buy a rule book, attend a clinic, and go out there and try to do a better job.