View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 26, 2013, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

I would love a independent study where some of you are paid to walk into HS Gyms around the country and evaluate BV games. I believe you will see a lot of below average officials even working these games. And I would love to be wrong. There are a lot of guys that are really old or really dont get into full gear until half way into the season. And I dont think many of those referees come here to study and get better.

A young official when to watch his brother's (Soph) Varsity game. Very large school and one of the Varsity refs was a past association president and had done some major play off games during his 20+ years career. And all three of them didnt sit down the coach for a pregame dunk and started the game with a jump ball.

You guys are the cream of the crop when it comes to rules knowledge, game management, philosophies, etc, That is not what the majority of JV and Var guys are around the country. That would be my bet. So to say a very talented kid might not be getting the full benefit of proper foul management sounds like a real possibility. Most guys here are in there 40,50,60,70's and shortening a game when a team and kid are dominating is a real possibility.

Coach it wouldnt be hard to get film of your game and post it here. It would be a real eye opener for everyone if you could.