View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 25, 2013, 08:51am
Esteemed Forum Member

My Two Cents ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJW View Post
To defend him, our opponents have to hand check, bump, and push him
If your opponents are effecting his rhythm, speed, quickness, or balance, then these are, most certainly, fouls.

Quote:
... the kid is physically able to withstand the pressure, he doesn't get knocked down
Is it possible that he is able to "get through" the contact, and thus, even with the contact, he is able, with his speed, to get past his opponents. If so, the officials may be seeing this as incidental contact, with no advantage gained by the defense, and thus, no foul.

Quote:
... he's obviously unable to get where he wants to go
Some strong, quick players don't avoid contact, especially if they know that they can "get through" it. If it looks like a pinball game out there, he may be creating some of the contact, not enough for a player control foul, but some of the contact may be of his own volition.

Quote:
... when they see the scoreboard say that the fouls are 4-0 in mid-first quarter, they back off on the whistles
This is 100% poor officiating. Are these young officials that you are discussing, or are they veterans?

Quote:
... the officials consciously or subconsciously don't want to "be here all night" by putting one team in the bonus that early
Consciously, or subconsciously, this is poor officiating.

Quote:
... they want the fans to see that the game is being called fairly by making the fouls closer on the scoreboard
Once again, good officials don't do this.

Quote:
... tougher and stronger than his opponents
Again, if it's a pinball game out there, he may be creating some of the contact.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)