View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 12, 2013, 04:02pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
I really understand both points of view, but it's very surprising to me how many people here would do nothing simply because that little book doesn't tell us to. When/if that free throw shooter sinks the second one, and turns around and says "You got nothin on me," or some other snarky remark to the kid right behind him, do we let that go? Clearly it's his own fault, so thats fine, but is that not at least to some small degree, our own fault for doing NOTHING to de-escalate the situation? Why not try to call him over as was previously suggested? If he doesn't move, then tough, nothing we can do. For the record, I'm not implying we have to move him, I'm saying why not try to move him?
Honestly, I have no problem if you want to interject yourself and ask the kid to come over; but if the shooter wants to pop off, he's going to do it anyway and I won't lose any sleep over another T here.

I just don't see any reason to do it. I promise I'll be watching both closely, but if he's that much of a hothead, he's already on my radar anyway and I may be talking to him before he even got to the arc.