View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 12, 2013, 12:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
My apologies...guess I woke up a tad bit cranky this morning. I definetly could have stated that more diplomatically.

If the player doesn't come over I am doing nothing because I cannot make him move. You obviously have to be there and see the events leading up to the T and how the game has been going. If the T was unsporting and emotions are obviously high I just consider this "preventative officiating". I was always taught that 95% of the time, trouble starts when the ball stops. If you can do something to difuse the situation why would you not try? I understand there is no basis in the rules for making him move but consider the possibilities of how far south things could go in certian situations if you do nothing.
I'm not saying do nothing. I'm saying I'm not goint to tell him he has to move. You're right, I'd have to be there, and if I got the sense he was about to do something stupid, I'd be watching like a hawk.

Trouble also comes when we try to enforce non-existent rules for "game management" purposes. Chances are, this kid won't last much longer in the game anyway if he's being that much of a d-bag.