View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 11, 2013, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I have a situation that I did not know I was going to have during the season. We have talked a lot about conflict situations with family members.

Well I started dating someone back in late summer and her cousin became a head basketball coach of a program. They are also rather close and talk to each other often. Her attitude is to be expected as she does not look to me to do anything differently than I do normally and would get on her cousin for makig the situation difficult for me if we ever had a game together. Well I have been assigned a game where her cousin's team will be participating in later this season. If this were you, would you work the game or not and why? Would the decision change if this were a fiancé or a spouse?

Peace
Not a chance I would work the game. Its not exactly the same, but when my daughter was a CHEERLEADER for her high school I blocked every school in their district at every level. During a JV tournament her senior season her school advanced to the semi-final game I was scheduled to call. The other semi-final game was at the same time in the other gym. I called both coaches together and told them I would be switching gyms and explained why.

There are plenty of other schools...no need to give anyone a reason to question your integrity.