View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 09, 2013, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I pack only what I need for the game: pants (1 or 2); shirts (usually at least 2), compression shorts, undershirt, 1 pair of socks, couple whistles, toiletries, 2 towels (sweat & shower), clean underwear, and rule books.

I keep a permanent spare bag in my trunk with old an shirt, pants, sneakers, socks, whistle, and towel.
I also carry a few bandaids, some 2" athletic tape, and black shoe polish.

I opened my earlier afternoons to help our assignor, by working more sub-varsity games with all the new officials we have in our area.
Some of my colleagues think I'm extreme to carry 2 assn. jackets, but, this season, I've already had 3 occasions to lend one to a partner so we could go out with jackets on. And, I loaned one to a friend that followed me, and had left his at a previous gym . . .
Several years ago, my partner opened his bag and realized he'd grabbed his football gear, so he dressed in my extra pants, shirt and jacket, and my game shoes - I polished my street Nikes and wore them.
I guess it's just the old boy scout motto in me . . .