View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 05, 2013, 04:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
It's called opportunity cost. Is what you're getting worth more than what you're giving up? It's different for everyone. So evaluating me based off how you feel or view the situation probably isn't very helpful.

I made the decision that the long hours, little pay and poor treatment from my assignor was not worth taking time away from my kids at their young age. I'm not sure what's so "disappointing" about that.

Well, I kind of spelled that out, while acknowledging that I'm not sure either. Sometimes it's cathartic to just get something off your chest to someone else.
I am just commenting on what you stated. If you cannot take the heat of what this entails, then quit. Again this is not for everyone. Everyone does not have the personality to handle these situations and all it involves. You have found other things in your life more important, that is no different than any other decision in our lives. You made this decision public and it is really not my goal to "help you out" or suggest that you should come back. If you want to get out that is your decision and you will have to live with that decision. I know when I hang it up it will be my decision as well. We all have a different threshold of what we will tolerate and you have met that point. I did so with another sport and did not need validation to come to that conclusion. That sport was simply not important enough and I valued other things.

Good luck with your decision.

Peace