View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 05, 2013, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Video request: Michigan/Duke-OOB, scuffle, technical, resumption of play (Clip Added)

It comes at around 5:06 in the first half.

I'm confused by the sequence of events I remember from the game.

Duke player and Michigan player are vying for the ball, which goes out of bounds. The official signals Duke ball (going the other way).

The calling official turns his back on the players, who collide into the row of seated spectators. The Michigan player gives the Duke player a shove with his arm. As the Duke player stands up, he chucks the ball at the Michigan player.

Two of the officials come in and point at the Duke player (I'm assuming to call a technical foul).

They talk, go to the monitor, talk again. This takes quite a while. I'm assuming they're looking for any punches that might have been thrown.

They come back with a technical foul on the Duke player. Nothing on the Michigan player (I don't think anyone saw the shove as it happened, and you can't retroactively call a common technical foul upon seeing the replay...correct?)

They shoot free throws, then get together and discuss some more and ultimately award the ball to Michigan near where the ball went out of bounds.

Was this an oversight? Or am I just not understanding the resumption of play correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fiasco; Thu Dec 05, 2013 at 12:10pm.