View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 01, 2013, 02:18pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Using Everything At Our Disposal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
And this is why the part is in front of the book about intent and purpose of the rules and a team not being given an advantage which is not intended by a rule. I don't believe it was intended to give the ball back to the wrong team because of an official's mistake. Sometimes it can't be helped. In this case it can.
Good point, playing the old "intent and purpose" card.

But this is the part that concerned me, and maybe I was reading it wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I'm gonna let the incorrectly called violation stand rather than change it to an accidental whistle ...
I'm not unilaterally going to change the original violation call. I am going to get together with my partner, and the coaches, use 2-3, and the "intent and purpose of the rules", to come up with a correct decision, in line with all the rules in the rulebook, including the one that just another ref pointed out. I'm not going to make a second mistake, any followup to the first mistake will be by the book, the entire book, and nothing but the book, so help me God.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 06:20pm.