View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 28, 2013, 06:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Question on play 1: if there is a travel, isn't this Trails call to make? I don't see how the Lead could have located the pivot foot while refereeing the defense.
Possibly but the T wouldn't be able to see when A1's dribble ended since A1's back was to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
#2. Weak call. If there was a call, the defender was in the path with 2 feet on the floor and facing the opponent. The shooter was not in the upward motion (the official would have awarded two shots if so) so the defender had LGP. The defender was legally moving directly away from the dribbler. A block would not be possible. Furthermore, the only contact was with the dribbler's forearm. Not sure you can even commit a block against the opponent's arm. All that said, I don't think it was a charge or PC either. Should have been a no call.
What are your thoughts on this one being left to the C to handle? I know both C and new L are racing to get into position but it seems as though C has the less stressful - for lack of a better word - situation to make a call if one needed to be made. I also felt watching it live (yes, I was able to) that new L was too close to be able to see the entire play.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Thu Nov 28, 2013 at 06:18am.