View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 27, 2013, 06:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Transfers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Are you an IAABO member? If so, it makes (supposed to) the transfer process easier.
I can't speak for other local boards, but here, in my little corner of 100% IAABO Connecticut, if you're transferring from one local IAABO board to ours (within our state, or from another state) our assignment commissioner, after receiving a letter from the transferee's previous local board's assignment commissioner, will assign the same level of games that the transferee had worked on his previous local board (varsity, subvarsity, etc.). Our commissioner observes transferees early in the season (scrimmages, or early regular season games) to help him decide how many games that the transferee will get. After that, the transferee just eases into our rating, and ranking system, for the next season.

Most of the transferees that I talk to say that the transfer was a fairly positive experience, although some have a tough time with that first year, same level (varsity, subvarsity, etc.), as in the past, but possibly fewer games.

I know that we have a of of IAABO haters on this Forum, but despite all our other flaws, at least we usually allow for smooth transfers within the IAABO international organization, 200 local boards in 38 states, and 11 foreign countries.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)