View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 04:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
I'm not telling you have to call the game nor why you make the calls you make. I do come here for 2 reasons. 1. I enjoy the game more the better I understand it. 2. There's a lot of stuff with cross-applicability.
I weigh in for a different reason which is that I want more clarity on a point or I find a logical inconsistency in another persons position. This is one of those two and I'm not sure which because you're not clearly answering my question. If this ball had been clearly catchable, would you not have PI? And then to everybody else I'll ask, is there anyone else here who agrees with that?
My reading of this thread is that almost everybody has this as PI with an uncatchable ball, therefore no flag. A few people have a maybe catchable ball. A few people (not sure any are actually officials) have a catchable ball. And then there is your position which is that you don't appear to believe he was interfered with. I think I may be oversimplifying your position, but frankly you aren't doing a good job clarifying it to me and that is a reflection of communication not College Football officiating.
You are telling me and others how to call a game you do not officiate. It is almost pointless talking to you about this just with that fact alone. And it is really pointless when I am telling you from my experience in training, discussions or actual field experience what these kinds of calls are made based off of. It is OK to disagree, but you are acting like you have the direct experience to even debate this intelligently. I would not go to the Volleyball site and debate a rule that was not enforced when I have never worked a single volleyball game in my life. And I would trust those that were officiating they know more than me in that area of officiating.

Peace