View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 11, 2003, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by SC Ump
I'm doing Little League this year for the first time in about 10 years. I've just been doing high school, rec and adults leagues during that time.

I was behind the plate tonight. On one team, there is a 12 year old player that has prosthetics from at least the shins down, I am not sure how much of his legs are missing. He also is missing his left hand. He plays first base, catches the ball with is glove on his right hand, transfers the glove to crook of his other arm and removes the ball to throw it.

He bats left handed, with the bat held firmly in his right hand and the stump of his wrist pressed against the handle for support and guidance. The swing starts two handed and then the left stump has a natural disconnection point during the swing.

Tonight, BOO-YA, left center field, a 250 foot home run. There was not a dry eye in the stands.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!1
Way cool! We had a kid a few years back with cerebral palsy that did the same thing with the glove at first, and similar batting action. One side of body was like 1/2 the speed/function of the other, kid was good enough to make all-star team...