View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 18, 2013, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpirtle View Post
I approach both coaches prior to the game.
I am sincere when I say it is good to know someone with your experiences in these matters are like minded.

...and since you are an "expert", let me run a few more "procedures" by you for handling the OP.

1) Special Player starts running around with the ball...after a time when it starts to feel uncomfortable...look hard for some kind of foul/violation i.e. 3-seconds...."TWEET" other team gets the ball, Special player is not at "fault".

2) "TWEET"..."grant" a TO request to Coach A. Explain in your pre-game meeting that if the traveling gets too bad..."you are going to want a TO."

3) "TWEET"...inadvertant whistle...Team A gets ball for TI and maybe a new "ball handler".

4) He!! with it...just nail the kid with the travel like you would any other 8th grade B player.

5) Do it like "Dan" did it.

(I'm not saying I agree or disagree with these "ideas"...they were just thrown out there.)

It's interesting...this OP has actually caused a lot of discussion around here...even to the point that some of the football officials have heard about it and talked about it during post-game refreshments.

Again, I like the idea of talking to BOTH Coaches BEFORE the game and get these things ironed out.
Richland, WA