View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 16, 2013, 07:56pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I too thought this was a bad question because with a monitor you can determine when the clock should have stopped per the whistle and foul signal.
Vindication is mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULES INTERPRETATIONS, CLARIFICATIONS, AND CASE PLAYS - NOVEMBER 13, 2013

PLAY 2: Near the end of the second period, A1 is fouled in the act of shooting but before releasing the ball for a try. After the foul, the shot clock horn sounds followed immediately by the release of the ball for a shot attempt and the sounding of the game clock horn. A1’s try is:
1. Successful; or
2. Unsuccessful
RULING:
When a foul and a try for goal sequentially occur at the expiration of time on the shot clock, the official shall use the monitor to determine whether the foul and try occurred before the sounding of the shot clock horn.
1. When it is determined that the foul occurred before the expiration of the shot clock but the try was not released before the sounding of the shot clock horn, the foul shall be penalized. With the use of the monitor, the official shall be permitted to put the exact time on the game clock when the foul occurred. When the officials determine that time should be put back on the game clock, the shot clock horn should never have sounded and the goal shall count.
And my test score was adjusted from a 90 to a 92.