View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 14, 2013, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

I echo what most have said. I have been doing football since 1983, right out of college, worked college (D2) for several years and now just High School.

One of the thoughts that came to mind is that as fortunate as I am to have worked numerous playoffs and finals games already at the young age of 52, I realize that I want some younger officials, (good ones mind you) to be able to work big games and especially a championship game. I know that as long as me and a couple other guys hang around we will be the ones blessed to get the call to do the big games... and, of course we are not going to turn those games down.

So, that's a long winded way of saying that I could see myself hanging up my whistle in the near future to move onto other things and to give younger guys a chance to move up and enjoy the thrill of those big games.

I've seen too many officials, good and bad, hang around a few years too long...I don't want to be one of those. This is a fun hobby, but its just a small piece of what I enjoy in life.
...enjoyed reading all the posts!