View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 13, 2013, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Interesting. Whether or not the shoe hits the ball?

Not really any rules basis for counting the basket in NFHS or NCAA-W that I can think of...but the T is pretty easy.
Yup, hitting the ball is of no importance..in fact, the ball wouldn't even have to be released...also true for any object thrown and it applies to bench players, coaches, or trainers. The NBA rule cited is 2-3 (elastic powers) to count the basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I like it!

The question comes to my mind, what/when was the situation that prompted the Case Play?

APG - you know how old it is or when it came about? Inquiring minds want to know.
No idea when the case play came out. It probably occurred before 2005-2006 as this play is in that case book though back then, counting the basket only applied if the ball was released.

Officials in a playoff game last year applied this ruling after a bench player (accidently?) threw a towel at an opponent who was shooting a 3-pointer. They correctly applied the play.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.