Thread: showcase
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 10, 2013, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA/NYSSOBLUE View Post
I would be thinking that you had regressed to your hippie days....

don't laugh - we ha a guy in our ASA and school groups who lives up by the Woodstock site. BIG bushy hair and unkempt beard....had to BEG him to get clean unis...we obviously called him 'Woodstock' - and worse.
Well, the problem with that is I've never been a hippie. Straight-laced nerd in HS before there was even such a thing, enlisted in USN month before HS graduation and in my younger days I was considered quite the Conservative. Voted FOR Nixon and would vote for him again compared to the pretenders we refer to today as leaders.

Never messed with any drug my doctor did not prescribed and didn't take half of them, still don't, and not only did I not inhale, I've never smoked a joint, just no desire. And as many places as I have been, the closest I've ever come to Woodstock is driving up I87 on my way to the MA or VT mountains. But, as we all know, Woodstock did not take place in Woodstock, but over 40 miles Southwest of Woodstock near Bethel, NY which makes Elk Mountain (Union Dale, PA) the closest to the festival.

Always in a clean and proper uniform and the only time my beard gets a little scraggly was in the ski season. It can get cold on top of a mountain and regardless of what some alleged experts state, a full beards does help.

So, I my question to which it seems no one has an answer, still stands.

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Sun Nov 10, 2013 at 11:07am.