View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 09, 2013, 12:31pm
Esteemed Forum Member

At Least I Wake Up On The Right Side Of The Grass ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I received the news yesterday from my orthopedic surgeon that I have zero cartilage left in my right knee. His resident suggested knee replacement surgery but fortunately for me my doctor had me fitted with a brace that will straighten my knee and prevent the bones from rubbing together.
Happy 62nd birthday Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and hope that the brace serves you well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
My knees are young.
I had my annual physical this past summer. Good news, and bad news. Good news? I have the prostate of a teenage boy. Bad news? My doctor told me that I have the knees of a one hundred year old man (like Mark T. DeNucci). I have patellofemoral pain syndrome, pain caused by the knee cap and thigh bone not lining up properly. It's an overuse injury caused by a lifetime of baseball, basketball, football, hockey, running, etc. I've been a runner my entire lifetime, most recently down to 1.5 miles every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday, from March to November (basketball officiating offseason). It's the only thing that keeps my weight from ballooning, and also keeps my blood pressure in check. My doctor wants to me to give it up. I hate bicycling (too many hills around here), swimming (boring, possible drowning, Great Whites), and any kind of exercise that has to be done inside (no sweaty, smelly gym for me, I don't look good in yoga pants, trust me, don't make me post a photo). I've recently added flatwater kayaking to my exercise regime, but I'm going to keep running as long as I can stand the Monday morning pain. Man, it's tough to get old. Now? Where did I leave that big bottle of aspirin?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Nov 09, 2013 at 12:52pm.