View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 10, 2003, 04:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Hey Rut

Quote:
Originally posted by Love2ref4Ever
Isn't it true that Ed Hightower was the "only" one in the crew who did not get punished.
The only punishment I know of that came out of that game was the comments Valentine said to Referee Magazine. I am not aware of any other situations that game out of that game.

Quote:

Did you ever read about the out burst between Ted Valentine and Ed Hightower in the locker romm? Also, I have a picture that shows Ed Hightower consoling Bobby Knight.
I have no clue what happen specifically that night. I heard that was the perception others got out of the game, but I have never seen or had that explained. I think Hightower like many other offiicals try to calm down a coach from getting further Ts. I have done this myself for most of my career and have been taught accordingly. But I am beginning to back off from that philosophy.

Quote:

I know I would love to have Ted Valentine as a partner, seems to me he will have his partners back!
Well I saw both up close and personal at the Big Ten Tournament this past year. Both are very good officials and do a good job. I have watched Hightower at the last 4 tournaments alone. This year was the first time I ever saw Valentine in person. I would go to war with both of them. I think both are at the top of the profession and are well respected by both coaches.

Peace