Thread: WS obstruction
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 04, 2013, 02:17am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Where did I say I haven't seen it? I saw it live and had OBS, and I still have OBS like everyone else except for you.

Why can't I agree with the "status quo"? I agreed with lawump and would type the exact thing he typed, but that wouldn't be a good use of my time since my thoughts are exactly the same.

Go watch the video that someone posted a few posts up. Pause it at about 1:39. Middlebrooks had just missed the ball and was falling to the ground, Craig's foot had just contacted third base, and their bodies had not touched each other yet. How then did Craig's slide cause Middlebrooks to be knocked down? Even IF they incidentally contacted each other, it doesn't absolve Middlebrooks from being guilty of OBS.

Now you're just trying to stir the pot. Do you not wonder why you're the only one arguing this way?

How was Middlebrooks making a play when the ball was rolling around in left field and he was on the ground? That would be difficult to tag a runner or touch a base with the ball 80 feet from you while lying on your chest. You are right in that Middlebrooks WAS making a play until the ball got by him into the outfield and he no longer could retire Craig. You don't get a chance to make a play and then be protected from being guilty of OBS for an extended period of time afterward. You're either making a play or you're not, and by rule he was not when the OBS happened.

What level(s) of baseball do you work?
Okay, I'll type slower for you. The ball, and Craig arrived as Middlebrooks was making a play on the ball. The ball even hit Craig causing it to veer into foul territory. The ball only missed Middlebrooks glove by a few inches. Craig made the initial contact on the play, knocking Middlebrooks to the ground. It doesn't get more clear cut than that. Some are trying to add words into the definition of the obstruction........that all I saw.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if obstruction wasn't called the Cardinals wouldn't have gone out, and argued the non-call. They were so surprised at the call of obstruction being made in the first place. They acted like Xmas came early..............and what difference does it make what level of ball I work. What level of ball do you work?

Last edited by Steven Tyler; Mon Nov 04, 2013 at 02:20am.