Thread: Covered TE
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 08, 2013, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmcleod View Post
I posted on here to get an answer. ... Make sure before you respond to take a deep breath, and realize I am looking for answers not daggers. Everyone makes mistakes...
MC... I believe you got an answer. The play you described is legal, if it was run as you described. You posted us no video, so we cannot tell you if the play on the field was legal.

Where you rubbed a few the wrong way was the "it cost us the game" quip.

NO Official is going to read that without bristling (self included). You got "daggers" because you started with daggers. One decision went in a way you disliked. Weigh that with the 60-some times your runner got tackled, the 3-6 times you failed to tackle the other team's players, or the 50-60 times the other team gained enough yards to help themselves toward a score. Your team did not succeed over 100 times. The referees (again, assuming what you say happened on the field is the same as what the referees saw happen on the field) did not succeed once.

So what, cost you the game? The ONE ... or the accumulation of the HUNDRED?

You'll find better responses in the future if you don't begin conversation with "the refs cost us the game" on a ref's site.

West Houston Mike