View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 02, 2013, 11:07am
I Bleed Crimson

We have similar rules (2pt for kick, 1 for TD on tries, nobody over 150# can advance, etc).

But what gets our goat is the 150# rule. The teams are supposed to put a black strip on the helmet of all over 150#. It seems like every single 7th/8th grade game we get a coach yelling at us because the other teams running back is over 150#. Of course there is no black stripe on the helmet, so we don't blow it dead.

What are we supposed to do? Bring a scale with us to the game? We tell the coaches that they need to take it up with the league administrator. By the end of the season (what, 4, maybe 5 games?) they get it.

Unfortunately, it seems that every single season it is a new head coach. And the complaining starts again. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with these games...

The one nice thing about 7th/8th grade football is that the players aren't nearly as sophisticated. If you see a hand reach out and grab a facemask, but can't quite see the number, you can just ask "Ok, who grabbed the facemask?" Inevitably, a hand comes up and somebody says "Me."