View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 12:39pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It is apart of the rule because the interpretations says it is to be considered. Maybe that is semantics, but that is how it is officiated before making this call.

I have a problem with what you are saying philosophically. For one you say that something is not apart of the rule, but you quote the exact thing I am referencing and how the rule will be adjudicated. If a coach asks me about why I did not make an IG call, I would reference what you just said which the casebook are the rules too. They are just interpretations of those rules and give detailed examples of how the rule will be applied.

I am sorry the ability does matter in this second play because making a throw on the run is not easy and high school players often cannot do that very well. There are D1 big time QBs that cannot make those throws very well. I am not going to penalize a QB or thrower because they cannot throw and accurate pass down the field on the run. I see those kinds of passes like in this video all the time and often they are nearly intercepted.

Peace
There's a reason he's throwing on the run -- the pressure he's under.

Part of the decision making process is understanding that the ball may not get to a receiver -- but it's expected to get *near* a receiver.

First play is obviously IG.

Personally, I think in the second play a receiver is near enough where I wouldn't mark down either call if I was evaluating the crew.