View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 29, 2013, 04:43pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Seventh Grade Basketball, I'm What You Call An Expert ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
What better instruction than calling a violation? I am sure they would learn not to do that again.
That would certainly be one way of instructing these twelve year old players, and I would not have any problem with anybody handling it that way. But like I said, first game of the season, first period, confused players, I'm not ignoring the play, I'm sounding my whistle, telling them the right way to do it, and giving them do-over. Keep in mind that this is a league in which officials can use their judgment if some of the younger players on the "junior varsity" team go over the free throw line because they can't reach the basket from fifteen feet. That's the way we roll here in our Catholic middle school league, but I can certainly see where others may handle their seventh grade games differently.

Wait a minute. Do we have two Forum members posting under the name AremRed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
At that level you could either blow the whistle and point to the player to properly inbound the ball ... depending on how generous and/or teachable you are feeling.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 04:50pm.