View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 19, 2013, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

A few suggestions. First, stop texting. Get on the phone and talk with him. Do not stop calling until you reach him.

Next. You need to think of this as a basic business transaction with a contract. His failing to pay you is a breach of contract. Do not overcomplicate it.

Next. Ask the assignor if he can contact the person and act as an intermediary. The assignor has the potential to withhold future services (assigning officials) and if he has any gumption, he should both threaten that...and do it.

Next...as others have told you...write a demand letter. There are many examples online of what it needs to say...but if you want, send me a private message and I can send you one that I had to use a few years ago to get paid. It's no fun chasing money...but this is a business for me and I treat it that way.

Lastly...(repeating advice from others)....whether you are paid in cash or by check does not make it "under the table." You are legally responsible to report all income, no matter the source. I am hardly naive...and realize many officials do not report income from AAU and other games...especially if paid in cash. But this is totally irrelevant to whether you are paid for services rendered.

Next time....don't leave the gym without getting paid.