View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 16, 2013, 04:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcumpire View Post
The reason I ask, is that is has been questioned whether or not the Wisconsin QB's knee was actually down before he placed the ball on the field. After which the ASU player fell on the ball. This would make it a possession question and not a clock issue, and that would be subject to a replay review.

I'm not saying that it should have been reviewed. What I am saying is if they are going to downgrade the deep wings and back judge for this play, even though they are not directly involved, will the conference also look at the replay official for his inaction?
It is not a replay issue because it was not a timing error. Wisconsin ran a play and the clock continues. You cannot go to replay just because you want to. There are very specific situations where replay can get involved and this is not one of them.

And unless there is something I am missing, I doubt seriously the deep wings or BJ were penalized. As I said before this sounds like the crew was mentioned but no comment was made about what specifics were done. If they suspended the crew, I think that would have been mentioned. I think this was about the Referee and the Umpire mostly.

Peace