View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 16, 2013, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk314 View Post
If the officials were so confused by the play, they need to stop the clock to get things sorted out. Even after the clock hit zero, there was ample opportunity to talk it out and fix it.
You're not an official. We get that. But after being told this twelve ways to Sunday - what you're proscribing was NOT an option. If they had done as you suggested, they'd have done something equally as bad as what they actually did - only the victim of that screw up would have changed.

Quote:
The umpire was standing there socializing instead of spotting the ball for play. If he thought ASU had a right to the ball, the clock should have been stopped for change of possession. There's no excuse whatsoever for him letting the ASU player lay on the ball for 7 seconds with the clock still running. That's a delay of game.
Here's where I completely agree with you.

Quote:
The officials denied Wisconsin an OPPORTUNITY to win the game, effectively taking the game out of the hands of the players and deciding it themselves.
And again ... this is no better than what you said before. Don't go there - you lose all credibility and your point goes out the window as this incorrect concept draws all the attention. PS - they HAD an opportunity to win the game. They chose to run a play instead and bad stuff happened.

West Houston Mike