View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 16, 2013, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Wow. I'm embarrassed. Embarrassed that the officials on this site seem to be 100% in defense of the actions by this crew. Fanboy or not, the OP is correct. Stupidly executed play by the QB no doubt - but surely we're not forgiving the crew on this play simply because the player's form was not perfect. Good grief, people.

The worst part, to me, was the umpire standing up having a conversation with a defensive lineman while precious seconds fade away. There is no question the crew needs to be more aware of the clock than this crew was.

So, that said, has anyone heard if there was any disciplinary action taken?

(PS - most definitely NOT the worst I've ever seen. Oregon vs OU had 2 or 3 plays alone that top this. Both 5th down plays. Nebr-Mich failed Stanforesque ending ... all of these were far worse.)
My thoughts exactly. Not only were they reprimanded by their own conference supervisor, but the Big 10 supervisor of officials is on record saying they did not handle the situation correctly.

Many times in a inter-conference game like this one, the on-officials come from the visiting team's conference, while the replay official comes from the home team's conference.

I know that wasn't the case here and that the on-field officials were from the Pac 12. My question is, what conference was the replay official from? If he is from the Big 10, will he receive any sanctions from that conference?