View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 12, 2013, 05:39pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Jacket At Halftime ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
... the needle after we adjust the ball to start ... forget my normal whistle it will be at the start ... smitty loop is going to break ...
My jacket goes into the locker room with me at halftime, and stays there. All I have in my jacket pocket is a needle, and, as Camron Rust stated, the needle is probably only going to be used at the start of the game, I never had to let air out of a basketball at any time, in thirty-two years, other than at the start of the game. My extra whistle is in my pant's pocket, I use a noose lanyard, and hope that it doesn't break during the game. I tried a smitty, but had the loop break and immediately went back to the noose, and stayed with it. I once forgot my whistle and noose lanyard, left it in the locker room, before the game. I was the umpire, my partner was ready to toss, I went to grab my whistle to put it in my mouth, and it wasn't there. Stopped the game, had trouble finding the site director to unlock the locker room (of course), finally did, got my whistle, and lanyard, and came back into the gym to some sarcastic clapping from the crowd (I deserved it).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 05:45pm.