Thread: Assignor Fee
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 05, 2003, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

I am in the process of putting together a summer officials association for AAU,YBOA, and other non-sanctioned tourneys during the spring and summer. I have a pool of around 10 guys currently who travel with me on the weekends working games. My questions are.(1) What do I charge for an assigning fee? (2) Should I request that the tournament director pay me all the cash and let me divide the money (taxes?) or should the director pay each individual? (3)What is the best way to get the word out about the association so that tourney directors will call for our services? (4) What is the average game fee for officials in AAU/YBOA?

I have a YBOA 14u-17u State tourney this weekend with four gyms and 65 games (15 officials). $20 per game per official-officials fee.I stuck my foot in my mouth and said $1 per game per official assigning fee additionally, the tourney director has furished three hotel rooms for my guys travelling from out of town.After all the schedule changes and people dropping out at last minute, I think I undersold myself. Now I know why my HS assignor doesen't have any hair left !!!