View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 09, 2013, 11:07am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That is why you have a conversation with the ECO before the game. It is the expected standard to talk to them to not only find out what they know, but to explain rules and situations that might apply. And even with the mechanics change, people still wind the clock then stop it. I actually thought this was a silly change as you are giving information to your crew as much as the clock guy.

Peace
I think it's a good change. If the ECO turns away from the wing when he winds, then what?

If there's little time in the game and the "wind, then stop" results in a delay of stopping the clock for an extra second or two, then what?

I'm really working with my wings to eliminate the extra mechanic -- I'm the one that starts the clock anyway, so why is it needed if they're communicating with us? Our guys will kill the clock and then immediately signal to me and the crew that we're winding on the RFP. Really, this makes the most sense as a mechanic -- we stop the clock and THEN tell everyone that it will wind at the RFP.